Monday, August 1, 2011

Case Study Challenge

This is my first time playing with the Case Study Challenge Blog. This weeks card is a beauty by Dawn Woleslagle.
This is such a fabulous design and it inspired me to make two cards.

The other day I was playing around with some watercolours, Twinkling H2Os and Distress Inks and made some backgrounds and thought they would be perfect for this challenge.

I used Purple Onions Blossoms stamp as the focal image in black along with a sentiment from Hero Arts Thinking of You Sentiments set. The punched border is from Fiskars and I mounted it all on a card base embossed with Papertrey Inks Woodgrain Impression Plate.
The background for this card was done on textured paper and it's alot more shimmery than the first card so the Blossom image stamped out quite a bit lighter.

Thanks for stopping by and wishing you an inky day!

14 comments:

  1. Love them both, Sue! Those backgrounds are so beautiful! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it in blue! Both are gorgeous (of course!) but the moodiness of the blue really jumped out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards, but the first background just speaks to me! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they're both so gorgeous! I expecially like the first one too - great bold colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bold contrast on the firt card, the background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards, Sue! Both are equally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous! Such inspiring cards, and the colors are so vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Sue, CAS and so elegant! I loved this layout when I first layed eyes on it too, just versatile!
    thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog this week, greatfully appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are terrific! Is the yellow one all distress inks? what kind of applicator did you use? is the blue one a mix of twinks and distress ink? Inquiring minds want to know! (that is a line from an ad for the long-deceased Philadelphia Inquirer newspaper)

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, I love your interpretation of Dawn's card! The little tiny bits of bling are a great embellishment to your fabulous clean and simple cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of your cards! I actually CASEd them for this week's challenge at CASE Study! Hope you don't mind and I hope that I did them justice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful cards Sue! Love the embossed white card............Think I might CASE you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love both of the background colors. fabulous work as always, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fab cards!!!thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!