Friday, September 7, 2012

Washi

Well I finally decided to join the washi craze.  What can I say, I'm slow at joining some fads but decided to try it out for the Simon Says Put A Stamp On It challenge.  The design team is using washi tape on their projects this week so I thought I would play along.
This is my first Christmas card this year, seems a little early considering we're still sweltering over here.  I covered some cardstock with washi tape, die cut it into the tree shape and added some sparkly goodness with Stickles to all the dots and I used a red sparkly embossing powder for my sentiment.

Simon Says is celebrating all month with challenges and prizes, be sure to stop by and check out all the fun here.

I'm also entering this over at A Blog Named Hero where the current challenge is to use embossing powder on your project.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! This is a great use of washi tape - thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your washi taped tree, it's brilliant! And I love the red ground too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Sue! Your washi tree looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous washi tree! The tape is just perfect Sue. Thanks for playing along with the "Who's the Boss" challenge over at A Blog Named Hero this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have guessed that was washi tape! I love the Stickles on the dots; so cute & fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Clever use of the washi tape. The envelope pattern is a great choice for the background, fills it in, but doesn't overtake the focus.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!