Thursday, February 27, 2014

Watercoloured Backgrounds

I could play for hours with watercolour paints and paper. Watching the colours mix and move, never knowing exactly how it will turn out. Oh, happy days!

Then I end up with all sorts of watercoloured pieces that I don't use right away so they sit in my drawer for some future card. But then I get the inkling to play with the paints again and the vicious cycle repeats itself.

Case in point, I wanted to play in Papertrey Inks Make It Monday Watercoloured Background Challenge. I had oodles of backgrounds ready and waiting but oh no, I decided I needed to paint a fresh and new background. So I made one and thought maybe I would use two on my card, so I made another. And another, until I had seven background pieces. Was it necessary? No, but I had a ball making them!!!

Sue McRae PTI Make It Monday Watercolour Bkgrd Feb 27 2014

I used two watercoloured pieces for this card. Some pinks, corals and yellow for the sentiment piece and yellow and pink for the card background.

The sentiment from Stylish Sentiments Birthday was white embossed and the dotted lines from Background Basics Retro was clear embossed over pigment ink. I clear embossed stars onto the background and added a bunch of iridescent sequins.

I'm going to try and make another card for the challenge with one of the pieces I painted last night. Hopefully I'll be able to control myself from pulling out the watercolours again!

Thanks for visiting, I appreciate all the comments you leave for me!



13 comments:

  1. What a fun design Sue, pretty colors and love the sequins.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I like everything on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your watercolor background! Gorgeous card, Sue! Like you, I am addicted to water-coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every inch of this card is gorgeous, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about watercolors and I love love your card! Inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally get it!!!!! It becomes a craze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card!! And isn't it all about having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, this is a stunner. Keep playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun card. Love the colors and I agree, keep playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue this is one beautiful watercolored card! I see no reason to put the watercolors away if this is the result! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So soft and beautiful. And a wonderful card design. That before-you-know-it-you-have-seven-pieces phenomenon... been there, done that ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!