Sunday, January 1, 2017

Silent Snowflakes



Happy New Year crafters! There's a new challenge starting today over at Poppystamps and it's called Silent Snowflakes. A very appropriate theme for where I live. We've had lots of snow already and I know there's going to be a lot more before spring.



For my card I took the Ava Snowflakes and die cut a bunch from water colour paper and adhered them to a water colour panel. I misted the panel and sprinkled on a few Color Burst and Brusho powders, spritzed with water again and just let the swirling magic begin.



I took the Marais Snowflake (which has beautiful stitched details) and die cut it from silver glitter paper and from vellum. I offset the snowflakes and layered the two pieces and used a couple of mirror snowflake embellishments to finish it off.



Now it's your turn to join the challenge and create a project. The challenge runs all month long and there's always a great prize for a random winner. For all the details  and to see the projects created by the other designers stop by the blog here. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Happy crafting!










4 comments:

  1. Oh, Sue, love these colors! Gorgeous work! Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful, the layers of snowflakes and colors so perfect together!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sue, the background looks amazing! Happy New Year, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty snowflake card, Sue! The colors are so bright and cheerful! Have a warm and wonderful 2017!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!