I thought I would share this card that has a couple of techniques on it.
The strip on the left is pieces of scrap stamped paper that I arranged in a mosaic pattern on double-sided tape. It's a great way to use up scraps! I attached that to Fiskars Threading Water border punch. The background of the flower piece was coloured with dye inks and layers of UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) were added to achieve the epoxy look. On the last layer of UTEE I inked up the flower stamp with silver pigment ink and while the UTEE was still warm I pushed the stamp into it and it leaves the impression of the flower. Once cooled I cracked the UTEE to give it the look of broken glass. The frame around the flower is painted with crackle paint. The card base was stamped with Versamark and the dots were added with Sakura Souffle pen in orange.
This next card is at the other end of the stamping spectrum, which really means there is no stamping on it, it is all digital. It's my first attempt at a digital card. I've been avoiding this area of crafting for awhile because, well, it just doesn't contain stamping, it involves mostly using the computer and for me stamping and creating cards is all about getting my hands in there, using different techniques and playing around and having fun. Doing it on the computer seems more like work than play. Maybe I'll change my mind about that later on. Who knows?
This week on Hero Arts the theme is about learning, doing something for the first time. So this digi card fits that criteria. I inked up some paper with green distress inks and then put it through the printer with the friend definition then ran it through the printer again with the fern design ontop of that. I inked up more paper with distress ink in pink and orange and printed the butterflies on that and cut them out. I added some sparkle on the large butterfly with orange Stardust pen on the wing edges and on both butterflies I used the clear Stardust pen to highlight the thin lines in the wings. It adds a subtle sparkle but doesn't show in the pic. I added some gems and wire antennae to the butterflies and adhered them with foam dots for dimension. Not too bad for my first digi attempt!
Thanks for stopping by!