Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Little Inky

I played around with some Distress Inks to make the inky background for the butterflies.  I'm really loving the colour combo of Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans and Seedless Preserves and thought it would look great on a black card.
P1200664c
I sprayed the distressed piece with Perfect Pearls for a little shimmer and stamped the Social Butterfly from Penny Black in white dye ink on top.

The card base was clear embossed with Penny Black's Paisley Outline for some subtle texture and the sentiment is from their Gratitude set.

I just got the Large Flourish Die (I consider it to be more of a leafy stem) from La-La Land and wove it around the butterfly panel.

Here's a close-up of the embossing and shimmering.
P1200669c

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

7 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love this color combo, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Sue! These colors are so beautiful together. I must keep them in mind for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Did this ever turn out amazingly, Sue! Such gorgeous colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right theses colors ROCK together and black is the perfect background. Your card is beautifully designed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really enjoying all of the textures, and the colors are seriously exquisite! Your land of inspiration is a place I would love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these cards are fabulous! I just got seedless preserves ink pad , now I need chipped sapphire. I love these colors together. they are drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!