Saturday, October 12, 2013

Creative Chemistry

I'm taking the Creative Chemistry Class offered by Tim Holtz and am way behind on all the "homework". This class is full of so many great techniques and videos, I urge you to sign up and give it a try.

My first card uses Distress Paints.  I used the paints on the background and on my die cut leaves.  I  applied Rock Candy Crackle Paint to the leaves and love how they turned out.
Creative Chemistry Crackle Paint

Here's a close-up of the beauties.
Creative Chemistry Crackle Paint

For my next card I used Distress Paints on the background, Red Variegated Gold Leafing on the stamped medallion and Antiquities Embossing Powder on the sentiment.  It was fun to pull out the Gold Leafing, I haven't used it in ages.
Creative Chemistry Gold Leafing

Here's a closer look at the shiny colours.
Gold Leafing

Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to my fellow Canadians.

11 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards, Sue! I absolutely love the look of your leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so pretty. Your leaf colors and crackling turned out great. Something about reading about YOUR gold leafing made me think I might have some somewhere in my stash. Now for the search. I like how your medallion took the gold leafing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers!! These cards are stunning, Sue! Those leaves look amazing and I adore your second card too - the gold leafing is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I am in love with your first card!!! You got such a soft look with the paint and those leaves just POP. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards...love the crackled leaves to0 especially on that background...and that leafing Wowzers...guess I'll have to try that technique too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cards Sue, I am just loving seeing those leaves, gorgeous work, I am still playing catch up only on day 1, bad me :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the results of your playing with color, Sue. That first card especially is a stunner! So intense and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow gorgeous results! Both card really stunning Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are incredible, Sue! I don't think I could part with either of these. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards - those leaves are so pretty. I don't think I could ever tire of pretty leaves - even after having been outside twice a day the past four days to rake up what the wind is whipping down!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!