Thursday, September 17, 2015

Color Bursts

I've been playing around with Ken Oliver's Color Bursts and boy are they addictive. I think I could spend all day colouring paper!


I took one of my watercoloured masterpieces (tee hee) and die cut it three times with My Favorite Things Double Dot Border Die. I wanted to have the dot strips raised up from the background but without foam dots so I die cut the dots from white card stock so that I had 3 white die cuts to layer behind each watercoloured piece.


The dots were adhered to glitter card stock and I created a black frame from two MFT Rectangle Stax Dies. The sentiment is from MFT Say Hello Transformables Die. It was die cut from silver and black card stock and I just snipped the word from the frame. I adhered them together slightly off set. Love how this card turned out!

I'm entering this card for My Favorite Things You Could Be A Card Design Superstar Challenge here and for Simon Says Stamp Die Crazy Challenge here.


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

Thanks for visiting and I appreciate all the comments you leave me!


4 comments:

  1. What a wow card. Loving the background and the colours are gorgeous. I'm learning with brusho's and I'm finding them addictive too! Thank you so much for finding time to stop by my blog x Your card is really striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got my color bursts too. So happy to see what you are creating with them! Love the beautiful blending and layout! The only color that makes me crazy is yellow ochre .. I keep getting big spots of blue?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking colors with the Color Burst! Beautiful background indeed! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background die cut is fantastic, love it with the silver/sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!