Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Vellum Shaker


I have a shaker card for you today for My Favorite Things You Could Be A Card Design Superstar Challenge here!


I coloured white vellum with alcohol inks in blue and purple and applied the inks in a circular swirl pattern. I love using alcohol inks, you never know exactly how each piece will turn out! I die cut My Favorite Things Triangle Screen from the vellum, adhered it to acetate and added back some of the triangles and left the centre portion empty for the shaker window.


The background for the shaker is also vellum coloured in paler hues of blue and purple.


I finished off with a sentiment from My Favorite Things Peaceful Wildflowers stamp set and a couple of thin black strips of card stock.

I'm also entering this card for Simon Says Stamps Die Crazy Challenge here and Simon Says Stamp Love This Technique Challenge here.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge BlogSimon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog

Thanks for dropping by!




11 comments:

  1. Sue I totally adore this. Love these colours, wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS shaker card! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge! Good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous watercolor background and I love the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful creation. The colors are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you left some triangles in and some out! Great background and shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty! Cool background! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked your card out of the 500+ cards on Simon Says Stamp challenge. It is absolutely one of the most stunning colored cards that I have come across. You chose cool spectrum winter colors...my favorites. I do not understand why most card makers choose the warm spectrum colors. I do hope you will create more like this one. The watercolor look created by alcohol inks on vellum was quite surprising. I thank God that He created you with this ability to make cards like this for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!