Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Birthday Numbers


A card today for CAS-ual Fridays Count Me In Challenge which is to use numbers on your project.
Birthday Numbers
I finally was able to get inky with some Distress Paints.  I really love how these paints mix with each other and create wonderful marbled paper.  I used some of that marbled paper for the background of the hexagons.

I used Salty Ocean, Broken China, Mustard Seed and Picket Fence.  No green paint but love all the green shades that developed from the mixing of the blues and yellow.

I popped everything onto black glossy card stock that I flicked with some of the Salty Ocean Distress Paint. A perfect card for a teenage boy, I think.

I'm also entering this card over at Moxie Fab World's Birthday Card Challenge.

Thanks for visiting today!





8 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Love the marble effect, and the splashes of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one fabulous card - I love what you've done with the distress paints! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Sue! The black cardstock base makes the design so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SOOOOO cool! Love that hexagons against that dark background. Fabulous! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could stare at this card for a long time, Sue. There are so many cool elements to it! The colors are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card so much, Sue! Great composition, and technique to make all the hexies. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the colors.... The blending is just gorgeous and the green that resulted from the blending is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sue! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!