Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Neon Medallions

Hi everyone! My card today features some neon colours.
Sue McRae PB Round and Round Jul 3 2013
I found a stash of neon embossing powder that I've had for years.  I don't know who makes it or where I got it from but I thought I would use it with this pretty medallion image from Penny Black.

I had a hard time working with these powders, they were very clumpy from old age.  Fresher is better when it comes to using embossing powders.

I sprinkled the pink powder first on about 1/3 of the image, tapped it off and added more pink until the outer edge was finished.  Then I sprinkled the orange and finally the yellow in the same manner.  This helped prevent cross contamination of the powders.

I really love how the colours pop off of the black paper!

Thanks for visiting today!




12 comments:

  1. It turned out great. Love the pearl centers too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this looks so pretty :), I love the neat embossing that you have accomplished :) I am big admirer of ur creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! new would of know the powder was old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stunning! Love your neon embossed card, Sue! The multi-colors look amazing! I can't tell that they are old embossing powder at all! Glad that you dig them out to play!

    ReplyDelete

  5. This is so gorgeous Sue, the delicate stamp looks fabulous in these colours Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful effects with your EP....didn't know the bit about it being 'fresh'.I've some that is years old. You did a super job on this lovely card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully crafted, Sue! This brings back memories of an embossing class I taught about 15 years or so ago. We had fun using multi colors of e.p.'s and I do remember that everyone loved using a black card base because the colors popped so much. We did not have neons, though. I love that you chose that delicate doily stamp for this card. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, Sue! My eyes just keep going around and around this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sue, your card is fantastic! Love the way you've embossed in a variety of colours and the colours you used look gorgeous against the black background! That is such a pretty stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm ... WOW!! This is so off-the-charts! Old embossing powder or not, this is one heck of a card! Love how you combined the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your embossed medallions are gorgeous Sue! Love how you added the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!