Monday, July 15, 2013

Leafy Goodness

A leafy card today using Penny Black's Breezy fern stamp.  Love the wispy feel of this image.
Sue McRae PB Breezy Jul 15 2013
My card is kind of a mosaic of squares stamped with the fern image. I cut out a bunch of squares with my Spellbinder Dies and inked them up with Distress Inks. 

For my three focal images I used blues and greens and stamped the fern in Chipped Sapphire.  I used Peacock Feathers for colouring the other squares, sprayed them with Perfect Pearls in Gold and Sunflower Sparkle and stamped the leaves in Versamark for a watermark look.

I finished off by adding two vellum sentiment strips and some gold cording to go with the subtle gold shimmer on the Peacock Feather coloured squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


10 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, this is Gorgeous! Love he shading of the greens/blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a gorgeous card. I just love all the squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this is stunning :) love the blues, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow !! this looks just stunning ..love the colors and the way you have created the square panels ..Simply Fabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ferns have always appealed to me, but your design really shows off the beauty of them, Sue! Are you channelling Jacqueline? :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW impressive card, love the design, colors and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Stunning! Love these squares, and what soothing colors you chose. I love this fern stamp. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a stunner, Sue! I just love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the colors! Great job! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!