Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Dandelion

Don't underestimate the power of the dandelion!  Not the annoying weed that grows in our lawns but this dandelion stamp from Hero Arts.

I decided to use this stamp in A Blog Named Hero: Stre-e-e-e-tch Your Stamp Challenge.
My first card is using the dandelion as a focal image.
I masked off an area using a Spellbinders die, added some Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers, inked up a background text stamp in that same colour and stamped the dandelion ontop in black.

For the second card I used the dandelion to add colour and texture by "kissing" all my die cuts.

I used three different colours of ink on each die cut to add depth and texture.  Here's a close-up.

I'm also taking the Stretch Your Stamps online card class and I think both of these projects are good examples of how to make the most of your stamps.
The class started yesterday, so there's still time to join in on the fun here!

Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

  1. This is so awesome, Sue!! Dandelion is also one of my favorite HA Stamps! You have used the stamp so fabulously! The 2nd one is lovely with the textured-like feather! Love both cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kissing your diecuts was such a great idea!

    Both are B E A U T I F U L cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, these are brilliant! Such an inspiring way to stretch and repurpose yoru images.. WOW! I have that dandelion stamp, it's one of my faves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOOOOOVE your 2nd card, Sue! What a fantastic idea, the dandelion adds such a nice dimension and the fact that you used it on everything makes it even more so! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with this stamp, the birdie card is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love visiting your blog, Sue! You always have something special to share! Love both cards - that second one is so creative! The clouds and bird turned out beautifully using the dandelion stamp - LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards and great examples of stretching your stamps! I especially like the way you used the dandelion for texture instead of for the image-the little bird looks exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard to believe these use the same stamps! Both really beautiful, but I especially love the first one. How did you get the block of color in the center? Reverse masking? It is so crisp and pure looking. I think you have a good chance of winning the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Just beautiful cards! That 2nd one with the kissing, I couldn't even tell how you used the same stamp until I read it! Just gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So creative Sue! Love what you have done with these dandelion stamps! Thanks for playing along with us in the Stretch Your Stamps Challenge over on A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great idea for that dandelion stamp - so creative!

    Sharing bloggy love, visiting from A Blog Named Hero
    xo, Kristina
    Come visit and say hello!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue these are both just BRILLIANT. I love love LOVE them :)

    Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

    Linda
    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeoud card! I love that stamp set myself, and I think is a great focal image, but I love what you did on the second card using it to create texture. Clever! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!