Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Neon Flower


I had my mind set on using this stamp from Hero Arts to create a paper flower for this months challenge
but I just couldn't make it work so I gave up on the idea.  But my obsession with using this stamp continued so I decided to try again and I played around some more and came up with this.
Neon Flower

I stamped the image several times in each neon colour from this months challenge and formed flower "cups" that were layered on top of each other.  I think it's a happy flower and am pretty pleased with how it turned out.

I'm giving this card to a friend for her birthday (in person, this card is not mailable) and it seemed a shame that the flower couldn't be enjoyed for a long time so I added a magnet to the back of the flower and made it so the flower can be removed from the card front and  put on the fridge for further enjoyment and/or admiration  : )

Thanks for stopping by and wishing you all an inky day!



17 comments:

  1. Wow, this stunning and so creative! Never in a million years would i have thought to use that stamp to create a bloom. I spy a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS, Sue!! I love seeing how you use this stamp for the flower! It's an absolutely fabulous idea and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomely pretty card, and aren't you clever to figure out how to use the stamp this way. It made a gorgeous flower, and so cheerful with the DP used. Great idea with the magnet too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever to use that stamp - I'm glad you didn't give up, Sue - it turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely beautiful! That flower is stunning and what a clever idea to turn it into a fridge magnet! Ger x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea, Sue! Both the flower design and making it a magnet to extend it's beautiful little life! So glad you persisted. :) I really like the new birthday sentiment fonts in this set, too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This flower looks just like a rolled rose; it came out beautifully but I bet it was a lot of fussy cutting. Love the colors you used. Thank you for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow what a gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love how you used that stamp.
    Thanks for the great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, this is beautiful Sue! It looks like a winner to me! LOVE the flower magnet idea and so will your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just had to stop by to tell you what a great idea this is! Your recipient will have an everlasting flower that needs no watering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exceptional flower and overall card, Sue - just love it! Where's the video on how you created it?? Would love to see that... That lattice bg looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Stunning colorful flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a clever idea Sue! That flower focus is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous, Sue! That flower is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just stunning Sue! A gorgeous flower!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!