Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stretch Your Stamps - Floral

I haven't been keeping up with making cards for the Stretch Your Stamps online classes but I am enjoying all the info and videos for the class.

This is my first time inking up this image from the Floral Blossoms set. When the set first came out it didn't go on my wish list but then I saw all the wonderful cards made by Barb here and decided I just had to add this stamp set to my collection. Thanks Barb for your inspirations!

I did some tone-on-tone stamping for my background, I think it looks like pretty patterned paper, and since I wanted the background to be quite visible I just added a simple tag with a sentiment to finish it off.

I'm entering this card over at Moxie Fab World for the Stamp It! Cards Thank You Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. Love it stamped in the background like that! Just as pretty as taking center stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Love how red stands out on the orange background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks for the mention, Sue! I love the way you've used this pretty stamp - looks beautiful stamped tone-on-tone! It really DOES look like patterned paper! Love the poppy and punch color combo too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the floral background you created and the colors are dynamite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Sue! Makes me want to go and buy that stamp now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sue! Thanks for linking this up to the Thank You Card Challenge in Stamp It! Cards Week for the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a gorgeous card, Sue! I love the bold red of the tag and the absolutely lovely stamped background! Such fabulous inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vellum and layering! The colors are so pleasing to the eyes! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on having your beautiful card chosen on the Moxie Fab blog. It's really got me thinking on how I could be making better use of my stamps!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo, congrats on your MFW win, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo! Congrats on the win over Moxie Fab World! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY, Sue!! So glad to see your win for this card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your Moxie Fab win, Sue! Love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your win at Moxie Fab! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Sue, a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sue, your card is Fabulous, yep, Moxie Fab ~ Congrats to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on your well deserved win! love your color combo, layout, stamping, those 2 rounded corners, the vellum... a stunningly perfect beauty ; )

    ReplyDelete
  18. So eye cathcing, Sue! Fab stamping, too! Big congrats on your win at MFW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the Moxie Fab win! I absolutely love this card -- both the simple design and bold color combo. You are truly moxie fab.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!