Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Spritz & Flick

I came across a new blog (new to me) in my travels around blogland called Studio L3 and they are having some fun challenges based on Tim Holtz's A Compendium of Curiosities Volume 2.  I love getting inky with Tim's techniques so I made a card using this weeks challenge which is Spritz and Flick (page 42 in the book).

You can see this technique on the background of my card.  I used Chipped Sapphire and the new Salty Ocean ink for my background, did the spritz and flick and then lightly misted over that with Perfect Pearls for a little shimmer.

The challenge ends on July 19th so there's still time to enter and you could win a $25 gift certificate from Simon Says to buy more great inky things!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That felt flower looks amazing, Sue! Love your inky background too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spritz and flick technique on your card and the felt flower is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a gorgeous card, Sue! The background is so beautiful and I LOVE your fab felt flower with the fun striped centre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love this blue! Looks really great with this fantastic flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulours BG and that felt flower is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful as well. Love the stripy pin for the flower centre! Gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!