Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Tuesday

A hybrid card made with Vinnie Pearce's 1000 Miles and Forecast digi kits at Two Peas. I resized the flower three times, cut it out, curled the leaves and covered it with Judikins Diamond Glaze for shine and curled it once again before creating my layers.

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Inspirations

The bird activity outside has increased greatly in the last few days (I just love hearing all the chirping) and that inspired this spring Get Well card. I used the Cuttlebug for embossing and cutting out the oval shapes and did a little stamping and colouring.

This is an Easter Egg card made for the Hero Arts Blog. There are five other beautiful eggs made by my fellow Apronettes, so take a peek at them here.

The background is a mixture of alcohol inks on vellum. On that I stamped and embossed some flower images and added ribbon, pearls and a glittery butterfly.
Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, March 22, 2010


Another hybrid card using an image from Vinnie Pearce's Running and Jumping kit here. I stamped the sentiment along the edge of the card and added a hummingbird from the Hero Arts Antique Engravings set. The hummingbird was stamped and embossed in a brown sparkly ep and coloured with watercolour pencils.

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Thanks Tree

I thought I would share another card I made that is a mix of traditional stamping and digital elements.

The tree and "joy and delight" sentiment are from the Vinnie Pearce kit Running and Jumping here and the paper it was printed on is from the Weathered Green kit here. The "thanks" sentiment is from Hero Arts as well as the Woodgrain stamp used on the turquoise paper. This tree also called out for a sprinkling of pearls and of course I obliged!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Vinnie Pearce Party Invite!

Here's my first project using Toy Box Elements and Toy Box Tickets from Vinnie Pearce at Two Peas. It's a mix of digital elements and traditional stamping. What a fun birthday invitation to send out for your son or daughter!



Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Exciting News!

Last week Kathy Racoosin posted info at Hero Arts Flickr about a Design Team call at Two Peas for Vinnie Pearce and her digi kits. I applied and was selected to be on her Design Team! So exciting!

Check out all the Design Team members here!  I was thrilled to find out that I was familiar with three of the designers through the Hero Arts Blog  and HA Flickr. Big congrats to Lucy, Vanessa and Clare!

This is my first experience being on a Design Team and I'm  looking forward in working with Vinnie and all her fantastic digi kits. Check out Vinnie's blog here and all the digi kits at Two Peas here

Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Big & Bold

This time I decided to go with the big and bold look for my next Hero Arts submission. I love this flower because it's so big and makes such a great impact on the front of a card. I used five shades of distress inks to colour the flower and hilighted it with some Stardust pens. Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Stuck on Purple

Another card for the Hero Arts monthly challenge. I had a lot of fun playing with inks and colours on this one. A while ago I had coloured some vellum with alcohol inks as seen here and I wanted to do something with them.

I stamped the image with purple pigment ink onto the coloured vellum and embossed with clear powder and because the vellum is translucent the pattern of the alcohol ink kind of shows through the embossing to give this cool mottled, marbled effect. Cool for me anyway.....    :) 
I finished the card with some paper punching, ribbon and pearls.

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, March 5, 2010


This month at Hero Arts the theme for the challenges is Spring and Easter. For this card the flower and sentiment were embossed with white ep on glossy cardstock and I used Alcohol Inks in Red Pepper, Watermelon and Sunshine Yellow to colour the image and paper. I then sanded the image to reveal a mottled white layer. This was attached to cardstock put through the Cuttlebug.

Thanks for stopping by!