Wednesday, June 1, 2016

It's Tic Tac Toe Time


There's a brand new challenge up at Poppystamps and for the first time we're having a Tic Tac Toe Challenge. Pick three items in a row (across, down or diagonal) to use on your project.




Flower



Ribbon


Sparkle


Embossing – Dry or Heat



Yellow


Polka Dots


Stripes



Stencil


Twine


I chose the top row of flower, ribbon and sparkle for my card.


First I created a frame with the Memory Box Stitched Oval Layers set and inked it up with Distress Inks. I die cut Poppystamps Crocus Trio and added glitter to the flowers and I couldn't resist adding some gold splatters to the oval background.


For the white panel I took the tracing wheel from my sewing kit and ran in randomly over the card stock which I had sitting on a foam pad. It gave some nice texture and interest to the panel. Unfortunately the lines are difficult to see on the finished card so here's a look at a sample panel.


I finished off the card by adding the sentiment and some ribbon to the white panel.


Now, I hope you'll give the Tic Tac Toe Challenge a try. For all the details and to see what the rest of the team came up with please click here.












2 comments:

All comments are very much appreciated!