Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Happy Birthday

I have a quick and easy birthday card today.


I took a piece of bristol paper and watercolour paper and inked them up with Distress Oxides in Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch. I die cut the Simon Says Stamp Balloon Die from each inked piece and took the Simon Says Stamp Circular Lace Stencil sprayed it with water and layed it on top of the balloon. I let it sit for a minute, removed the stencil and dried it with my heat gun. You're left with a ghost or bleached image of the lace pattern on the balloon. The one on the left was the bristol, the one on the right the watercolor paper. I really like how this turned out!


My card was made with the bristol balloon. I just added it to a card front with the Simon Says Stamp Painted Happy Birthday die cut from white and white sparkle card stock for a layered sentiment.


To finish I added a bit of twine and some sparkling clear sequins and the card is done. I definitely want to play with this technique more, it's simple and fun to do!

I'm adding this card for Simon Says Stamps Happy Birthday Challenge here.

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. I keep meaning to try it again as my first attempt didn't turn out very well. Boy have you inspired me, Sue--just love your card!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!