Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fall Colours

This week at Hero Arts the challenge is to make a card with the following fall palette colours.
I chose palette #1 for my first card. I just love the golden yellow and orange shades. I used brown for the background and inked the Four Leaf Grid in white Memories ink and then softened it by using my Tim Holtz foam applicator and some Distress Ink in Tea Dye. The leaves were all stamped on alcohol ink backgrounds I had lying around. I used three different leaves from Hero Arts stamps. I just played around with the leaves and layered them until it looked like a wreath. I added some punched branches and flowers cut out from another Hero Arts stamp. The flowers are yellow and coloured with clear Stardust pens. It's very hard to see the colour. I stamped the sentiment and added some ribbon.
Supplies - Hero Arts Stamps (S5141 Four Leaf Grid, CL182 Trees, Birds & Messages, CL Asian Frames, LL734 Leaf Blocks, LL072 Peeking Posies), Memories Ink (white), Distress Ink (Tea Dye), Stazon (Timber Brown), Martha Stewart Punch (Branch Corner), Crystal Stickers (orange), Stardust Pen (clear)
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan!

    Wow, a gorgeous card! Welcome to blogland, it`s fun meeting new friends! I am jealous of your craft space, it is fab!!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa (from HA flickr)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card; wanted to post here (rather than at Hero Arts) that I'm jealous!!! I think you have WAY TOO much time on your hands. :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sue, you now have a BLOG! So very lovely and welcoming! I love your creations and I will follow your blog whenever I can :) sending hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!