Thursday, April 21, 2011

Masculine Birthday

Hero Arts has a great monthly challenge going on here. I chose to make a masculine card for the challenge, although this card is really gender neutral. Good for a male or female recipient.

This card is a mix of digital images and traditional stamping. I used the sentiment from the digi kit Birthday Wishes here to make my background paper. I also enlarged one of the candles from the kit, paper pieced it and covered it with glossy accents and added yellow Stickles for the flame. The card base was stamped with the Envelope Pattern here. It is such a fantastic stamp to use for some added texture and visual interest.

Thanks for stopping by and wishing everyone a Happy Easter!

7 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC masculine card, Sue! That Glossy Accent is superb in this! Love the color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove this card you created! It's gorgeous! The background is pretty and the glossy candle is just the best!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! So elegant and straightforward (can a card be both? I guess so!). And it inspires me to use more digi kits; they kind of intimidate me.

    thanks for the inspiration. time for me to make come cards for the men in my family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fantastic look to this card, it's so clean and effective, WOW!! I've never had a candle glisten like that before! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card. Love the focal point of the candle! Perfect layering and the glossy accents makes it wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your stamped background! fabulous masculine card, Sue!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!